Background

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Welcome Back!

Wow, has it really been since March since I posted? Lazy, lazy man that I am, sorry!

However, the season is now beginning. Puck drop in two days! And I am back on the RPI bandwagon.

Is this a make or break year for one particular coach? I say yes. This RPI team you will see before you is Seth's team, his recruits, his playing style. There were flashes shown of RPI's potential last season. The goaltending kept them in games their defense was actively trying to lose. York is back and now is the time to see why he was a draft pick and prized recruit. Can everything come together for a run to at least the final four of the ECAC?

The polls say no (what do they know?). USCHO has RPI 8th in the coaches, 10th in the media. Based on past performance, I can't say they are wrong initially. I think this team will be better, I think they will be faster and better scorers.

The first game occurs against UPEI. They are Canadian, can probably play hockey pretty well and will offer a good test to see how RPI is doing on O, D and in net. I really have no idea how PEI will fare but I can't wait to find out what RPI does.

Let's get it on!

No comments: