Background

Friday, November 03, 2006

Enter The Blackout

Tonight is the great new tradition game the Blackout! Someone bid on a jersey for me :)!

Here are USCHO's predictions for Ripee this weekend. I fully expect them to win both games. My analysis on Monday!

Princeton @ RensselaerHey, who am I to ditch a streaking team that I've already endorsed as a big-time threat? 4-2 Engineers in front of the disturbingly-fascinating Red Army & Co.

Quinnipiac @ RensselaerIt's not that I'm predicting Q'pac to lose, so much as I'm tapping into Appert-mania in foreseeing another RPI home win. It'll be a doozy, especially if my previous prognostications prove correct. 3-2 'Tute.

Here is USCHO's take on the goaltender situation. Personally I think the edge HAS to go to Lange. the guy was absolutely the backbone of that team last year and now he has more experience. I WAS NOT impressed by Alford in Albany but I am not the coach so what do I know?
Coaches' favorite problem
There will probably be a few goaltending tandems in the league while the season is young, at Princeton, St. Lawrence, Union or Harvard. But the matchup in the Rensselaer crease might just have the legs to go all year. Jordan Alford and Mathias Lange have split time so far this season, and coach Seth Appert is in no hurry to pick one over the other.
"They're both very good goalies in their own rights," said the boss, who also said he is unsure about who will start this weekend's games.
Lange tied top-five Boston University in the season opener at Houston Field House, was in net for a 5-1 loss at Denver, and held Colgate to one goal against on 21 shots in the Governor's Cup championship game.
Alford beat Denver with a remarkable 38-save performance and defeated Union in a 3-3 (4-3?) shootout victory in the Gov's Cup opener.

No comments: