Background

Friday, February 05, 2010

Must Beat The North Country

There are only a few games remaining. RPI MUST lock up home ice advantage for the upcoming ECAC playoffs. While they have a better team then in years past, I feel they need the home ice to make the ECAC final four this year (which is what I am pulling for AND expect!).

Yes, yes, they are 7-5-1 at home vs. 6-5-1 on the road, barely any difference. I don't care. I want them to take these teams and shake em around and win 4 points! The key is the continued offensive output from the top 2 lines and the continued stellar play of York. Of course, in looking at that last sentence, its clear that the REAL key is the defensive play. If the D can actually alleviate instead of cause pressure on York, RPI wins over these two teams easily.

USCHO agrees with me. You?

USCHO's Picks

St. Lawrence @ Rensselaer
The Saints are 4-1-1 in their last six, while RPI is 6-3-1 in its last 10. Should be a great showdown, and I will grant whichever team wins legitimate "on a roll" status. At home in front of a goalie who just shut out Yale, I'm going to have to back RPI in this one, 3-2.

No comments: