Background

Thursday, January 28, 2010

This Weekend's Games And A Good Cause


Before we get to my take on this weekend's games, I want to alert all you readers of RPI Hockey to a charitable event that is taking place on February 5th. There will be a fundraising endeavor in connection with "Hannah's Hope" (which you can read more about here: www.hannahshopefund.org). The organization is working with Coach Appert and selling tickets, the proceeds of which will go to the fund. I highly suggest contacting them and help contribute to a worthy cause!

Now, onto the games!

RPI is making their Ivy swing through Brown and Yale territory this weekend. Brown is a tepid 4-7-1 in ECAC play while Yale is a sparkling 7-3-2. One could look at this and look at RPI "slighty better than" .500 record and think "split". I would be inclined to agree with you.

However, I think this is a NEW RPI team. I think they have turned the corner this year. I think, this is the statement game before going into the North Country teams next weekend. I think RPI sweeps the weekend.

Against Brown, I think its simply keeping the foot on the accelerator. RPI has the horses to run a team like Brown around in their own building (like the game in Princeton). With Yale, it all rests on the shoulders of York. He has had big games for RPI in the past and now is the time for a shut out or 1 goal game to get RPI up the standings and in contention for a top 4 spot at the ECAC championships this Spring.

C'mon RPI, get er done!

No comments: