Background

Monday, February 02, 2009

Oh You Third Period

How I hate you. How you ruin many a RPI game.

Why, RPI has taken many a lead or a tied game into the 3rd period before getting blown out. Is it conditioning of the body that needs to be stepped for THE SECOND CONSECUTIVE SEASON? Is it the conditioning of the mind?

Whatever the reason, it is clear RPI does not bring it in the third (consistently). Three goals were given up in the third period against the Big Green (who also managed to sweep the season series against the cherry and white). Man if this isn't a CONSTANT during the Appert time period, I don't know what is.

The only thing I can look forward to is the home and home this weekend against RPI's true rival, Union. Saw what you want to about Clarkson and the 1 minute chant but I have always considered Union as the whippersnapper upstart to RPI's long, storied tradition of a program. The fact that they have been getting the better of the lads over the last few years has not been lost on me and I am asking, no begging for a sweep!

No comments: