Background

Friday, February 13, 2009

Well That Sucked

Back to back losses against Union. Damn Appert, suckering me in like he always does. Sure next year's freshmen coupled with the youngsters aging a year might put RPI in national prominence a year or 2 from now but what about THIS YEAR?

Appert is also extremely infuriating in his press conferences. He always says the same thing (from USCHO): “There’s no tangible changes [to be made] ,” he said. “I think we’re playing pretty good hockey." ARRRGHHHH

This year my friends, well it looks like no home ice advantage and an early exit from the ECAC playoffs. I don't mean to be negative but couple this with a busy week at work (thus no posts) means I am in no mood to coddle this team for the remainder of the year.

The only thing that can pick up my spirits this year is that the Big Red Freakout is this weekend. I loved going to that game with my dad and the plastic horns. Color me blase for this year's incarnation.

Brown @ Rensselaer
With all due respect to the tradition, talent, and tenacity of Brown Hockey ... this just isn't their year. 4-1 Engineers.

Yale @ Rensselaer
Bulldogs wrest another road win (they're 8-1-0 on the road already this year), maintaining the status of top dog in the fight in the ECAC. 4-2 Yale.

No comments: