Background

Friday, January 11, 2008

Bring On The ECAC

Well, the less that is said about the Maine game, the better. This weekend kicks off the true meat of the ECAC schedule for RPI. I hope, if anything, Appert has the lads whipped up in a frenzy after the last month. I think with Cornell and Gate, RPI has as good a measuring stick as they will get to see how the rest of the season plays out. I am predicting a split and a .500 record the rest of the way. of course, I want the lads to prove me wrong.

Go RPI!

Of course, here are USCHO's picks.


Cornell @ Rensselaer
The Engineers have scored six goals in their last four games. Granted, these were games against high-class competition. That said, Cornell's no slouch. So something's bound to go wrong here: either the Big Red Revival will hit a bump in the road, or RPI will be left groping for the emergency brake on this slide. I'm picking the 'Tute, on sheer desperation, 4-3.

Colgate @ Rensselaer
The Engineers are home for the weekend, and need to make up some ground in the wake of their non-conference losing streak. Colgate will certainly put up a fight, but when it comes right down to it, I think RPI has the better odds. 3-2 'Tute.

No comments: