Background

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Not Too Shabby

Well the lads went 0-1-1 on their trip out to Minnesota. Considering that both games went to OT and RPI only being on the short end of the stick once, I say that is a good result.

Diebold was in net for the tie and Merriman was in net for the loss. I thought both played well so I am not going to rant about the rotation...yet.

The young guns continue to contribute adding in assists and goals over the weekend. If you said to me, after playing Minnesota State and Ferris State that RPI would be 1-1-2, I would take that in a heartbeat. As much as I love SA modeling himself after Tom Izzo and playing a really tough non-conference schedule to start the year, I find that the team can be put in a hole psychologically before ECAC play. This year, to be at .500 (and even "better" with the ties, which I consider wins against these teams) I think augers well for ECAC play.

Keep it up Cherry and White!

No comments: