Background

Monday, January 23, 2012

I Know I Know

I have been a bad RPI fan this month. Not many blog posts, not much analysis, not much of anything.

The reason is the 2011 version of this team wore me down. They struggled mightily against the non-conference foes and ECAC alike. So what have they done in the month of January? Only have gone 3-2-1 with a weekend sweep against Brown and Yale ON THE ROAD.

Is up down? Black white? I though RPI was about a .500 team this year and it seems like they are finally playing like it, and yes, that is a good thing!

There are some great positives to take away for the last few weeks. First and foremost, scoring. RPI is averaging 2.1 goals in wins and losses which is great. The juniors and seniors are starting to lead the team in points and while I am a firm believer in the future is now and we should play the youngin's as much as possible but having the tested Cherry and White step to the forefront midway through the season is welcomed.

Also welcomed is Merriam increasing his save percentage as well as lowering his GAA over the last few weeks. This team is rounding into form and makes me much more interested in the season. This is my 248th blog post over the last few years and I have to admit to some Engineers fatigue over the last few months. That being said, this team is re-energized and has re-energized me and I can't wait for this weekend. Previews coming up!

No comments: