Background

Friday, March 05, 2010

Panic Time!

Well, so THAT happened...

What is UP with the *(&%$%$ third period??? I could recount on many, many fingers the third period failings of Mr. Appert's team over the last few years. This year was supposed to be different. Finally, "we" had the horses to play the full 60 minute uptempo style SA brought from Denver.
Tonight, it didn't happen. I don't care what those wrascially wrabbits on RPI say about RPI's effort after they fell down 2-1 early in the third. It should have never happened. I do not have the shot totals in front of me for the individual periods but I don't care if RPI eventually outshot Brown in the third. Brown did outshoot RPI 27-25 which is UNACCEPTABLE ON THE ROAD considering Brown's history this season.
York let in 2. Ok, you have to accept that. It wasn't 3 or 5 (the final score reflects empty net goals). He misplayed a puck, that happens but really, RPI has the offense to easily match that score. Hell, during the first period intermission, the Brown coach even admitted that they were 1-16-and something when they were scored on first.
Since Brown scored their two goals off of rebounds, you have to ask, what is up D? Everyone is saying that the D (led by Kennedy) is much improved this year but every time I watch RPI in person and listening tonight, it really makes me wonder if obtaining the young guns on O have sacrificed the D.
I am hoping to attend the game tomorrow in person. This team has to turn it around tonight. No after-game pizza, no iPod downloads, just focus on the job at hand between right now and tomorrow night at 7.
I believe RPI has the talent to compete with the ECAC. I believe they can get it done against Brown. As always, go Red, go White!

No comments: