Background

Friday, December 07, 2012

The YB Swing


I always enjoy the familiarity of the ECAC schedule. I enjoy RPI playing Union, chanting Clarkson still sucks, and watching the Cherry and White play the rest of their ECAC schedule. There were rumors a few years back that RPI was contemplating a jump to Hockey East. I was excited by this naturally but in reality I would have missed playing Brown, playing the Big Green doing the geographic swing of South Jersey (Princeton) and oddly Western Connecticut (the Q).

So it is with great nostalgia that I look forward to RPI playing Yale and then Brown this weekend. I have seen many a game in the HFH against these two teams. As for the actual contests this weekend, Yale is having a pretty good season, Brown not so much. Will it play out last weekend with RPI going 0-1-1? I think RPI has plenty of jump in its step and will come away with a victory at Brown.

As for Yale, well we will see. I personally think SA should keep starting the frosh in net and see where that leads us. I am expecting RPI to come away 1-1 this weekend but would be tickled pink if they pulled off a 1-0-1 weekend.

I will be cheering for the lads, win or lose!

As always, here is USCHO's picks


Rensselaer at Yale
The last time RPI was at Ingalls, the Engineers were in the midst of  last season’s mini-second half turnaround. This year’s first half has been just as disastrous as last season’s, and I’m not sure RPI has enough to derail a Yale team that has  won four straight. Yale 5-1


Read more: http://www.uscho.com/ecac-blog/#ixzz2ENpfrBEA



Rensselaer at Brown, 4 p.m.
The Engineers and the Bears enter the weekend as the only two teams without a league win. Something’s got to give. I’ll take the home team here. Brown 4-1


Read more: http://www.uscho.com/ecac-blog/#ixzz2ENpoIMt7

No comments: