Background

Friday, February 20, 2009

And Now Comes The Part Of The Season If I Can Muster Up Any Interest

Last weekend was a bit of a back breaker for me, I must admit. 2 weeks left in the regular season and the lads are going for another C&C series this weekend. With 'Gate on the "upswing" (http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/id,16682/ThisWeekinECACHockeyFeb192009.html) and Cornell in second place, I suffer no illusions about what awaits RPI this weekend.

So, the question is, how can I remain interested in RPI hockey when the season is so clearly circling the drain? I think for me, its all about the play of the young kids. Considering the highly ranked recruiting class and the over performing underclassman, the future is the key. Soooo, play all the freshman you can, play York all the time, may as well season them as much as possible because really, for me, next year is make or break for Appert.

As go the youth next year, so goes he.

Predicition: RPI loses both this weekend.

No comments: